2.27.2010

Catholic Apologetics

Apologetics has really revitalized my Catholic faith and life in a big way. I got introduced to Catholic apologetics many years ago through the Beginning Apologetics workbook series by Jim Burnham and Frank Chacon, http://shop.catholic.com/product.php?productid=351. I was totally blown away of how what I believed on faith because I was taught growing up could be explained using logic and reason. Faith is reasonable. I’ve been confident and excited in living out my life as a Catholic in a way I would have never believed before being introduced to Catholic apologetics.

The word apologetics is derived from the ancient Greek word apologia. An apologia was the case a lawyer would build on behalf of his client. So apologetics is about building the case for our faith—learning how to explain and defend our faith.


I have created a set of links dedicated to Catholic apologetics. Please check them out. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

catholic -|- husband -|- father